Once you have learned that you have an illness like cancer or heart disease, it can be hard on you mentally and emotionally. At this time, you want to take control of your disease. When you feel like giving up, you only allow the disease to take control of your life. Remember you have people who care about you, and when you give up you give up on them too.
How you can help you live through healthy aging:
The first thing you have to do is to accept the fact that you are sick. This can be hard for you but if you are mentally able, you have to do this. Once you accepted it is easier to move ahead and take the next step. Acceptance will help you to better understand your disease. Remember, you are not the disease the illnesses is something that is reducing your abilities to function healthy in life. Still, you can function healthy by taking necessary actions.
You can get the information off the Internet if you would like to learn more about your condition. Learning will help you by allowing you to understand your disease. In fact, learning will help you to find interventions, preventions, and perhaps cures for your disease. You can talk with your doctor as well. Learn what you can from your family doctor. Once you have accepted what you have and have learned about it then you can move on to the next step. Which is to, to live your life to the fullest? Do what you can do while you can, go see places that you would not normally.
How will my disease affect me emotionally and mentally?
It depends on the disease, but most illnesses we can safely tell you causes depression. You may feel like being alone. At times, you will endure mood swings and not feel like having anyone near you. You may feel hopeless.
How would I get a second opinion?
Getting a second opinion is always important if you’ve been diagnosed with any disease. You can start with talking to your family doctor and see what he/she may think. Although a second opinion is good for you to have if your not feeling comfortable, you want to continue seeking advice. It is in your best interest to find a qualified doctor to give you a second opinion. Sadly, you may have to visit a few doctors to find one that makes you feel comfortable.
What can I do to help myself?
We all have the power to help ourselves. We can take action by eating right. We can improve health by taking vitamins and supplements intended to help fight disease and make you stronger. You want to socialize and avoid isolating you. Be social and don’t stay in your room crying to yourself. Doctors persistently ask their patients to express their feelings. Expressing your feelings is helping you to fight for healthy aging.
Make sure you make all your family doctors appointments. You want to stay on your toes when dealing with disease. Visiting your doctor regularly will help you stay in control. When you feel blue, walk. If not outside maybe, you can walk around your house. Walking will help you to stay strong.
You may benefit from participating with a support group of some sort. We all need support; yet having someone that understands your disease makes better friendship. At meetings, you can vent your emotions. What a wonderful way to follow doctors orders, thus expressing your emotions. You also want to consider friends who will allow you to express your emotions.
If you don’t want to go out and be around your friends then why not get a pet as a friend they can help you though this as well they will walk with you and play with you and be your best friend though all of this.
What To Read Next?
✅ Ideas for seniors in financial trouble
- Finding A Job After 50 Years Old
- Must-Know Top 2022 Websites For Boomers And Seniors Life Planning
- How To Live Longer And Stronger? 17+ Little Things That Can Help!
✅ Home improvement & remodeling for the retirement home
- Home Safety Checklist For Elderly Parents: 2022 Fall Prevention Tips And Useful interior Design Ideas
- How To Make Your Home Healthy & Improve Your Living Environment For Older Adults?
- Planning For A Healthy Lifestyle For Older Adults (2022): START HERE
✅ Help for seniors with disabilities and special needs
- What Is Hospice Care And What Are Its Purposes?
- 2022 Solve Your Elderly Parents’ Concerns For Assisted Living Center: Full Disclosure Of Facility And Service
- Planning For Retirement Life: 2022 Most Detailed Handbook For Assisted Living Centers – Pros & Cons
✅ How can you be at peace with others?
- Treat Yourself Week: How To Physically Pamper And Comfort Yourself In Relaxing Ways
- Baby Boomers Retiring: Does The Market Understand Their Characteristics?
- Siblings Guide To Caring For Aging Parents – Avoid Conflicts & Provide The Best Protection
✅ What to do when feeling bored and lonely?
- Awesome Things & Great Memories From The 60s – Hairstyles, Outfits, Songs
- How To Design Your Own Eco-Friendly Sustainable Personalised Funeral?
- Are You A Grandmother Debating On Getting A Tattoo?
✅ How to stay mentally and physically healthy for older adults?
High Contrast Large Print Computer Keyboard ???????? See Current Price There is a lady I met while visiting someone in a rehab center. She has a computer and loves to email...
Consumer behavior is one of the most important factors that marketers spend a lot of time pondering. Demographics, geography, psychographics, among others, all play a vital role in determining how...